27. The Rough Guide To Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei, at KLCC

reading while: at Starbucks

It was 8am. The first time i've woke up this early in months. Trying to change my vampirism habit. Anyhow, around 10 I decided to head out to KLCC. Since my college is only 5 minutes away by cab I usualy go there on a regular basis for a bite or read. The place doesn't have much to offer if your a regular Malaysian who's seen the former tallest towers in the world and walked the pavements along the symphony fountain almost everyday. But for this 35 year old tourist from England, it has to much give.


I was having a drink at the outdoor Starbucks while reading when I spotted him. He was quite drawn into the book. Reading intently on various articles of the best tourist attractions and maps I suppose. At first I hesitated since it wasn't actually a novel or so. But still it was a book nonetheless. So I approached him and asked him for an interview. He was open enough to accept my invitation with a wide smile. He was reading "The Rough Guide To Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei" and just arrived yesterday. Quite the coincidence. Stated his reasons of coming being of pleasure. He was reading the book since he's pretty much lost around here. He found various places through it and had made lots of color indicated bookmarks in it. After a little small talk here and there I took my leave.



Oh by the way, the book that I was reading was "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. It's quite an interesting read. Just bought the book. I've heard reviews from my friend's saying it's very heart rending. Do check it out. And hei, this is actually my first post for this site. Thank you for reading. ;)

4 comments:

Liza P. said...

are you going to watch the kite runner movie?

Ari. said...

well umm, since it premiered last year, i'll just do what most people with streaming would... torrent.
i'm a bad bad man. xD
but still, i like finishing the book before i watch the movie. :)
have you seen it? or, have you read the book?

Sonya Worthy said...

Both my sister and I read the book and then went to see the movie. She cried in the movie, but I was unmoved, even though I'd been very moved by the book. Like any book/movie comparison, the depth was so much deeper in the book.

s a L o m a said...

my suggestion,

- a thousand splendid suns by khaled hosseini

- not without my daughter by betty mahmoody+william hoffer.

u'll definitely love these books :)